Time is of the Essence After a Water Damage in Orange County
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Orange County provides 24 hour service.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Orange County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
Drywall begins to swell and break down.
Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
Furniture begins to swell and crack.
Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
Metal begins to rust and corrode.
Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
Paint begins to blister.
Wood flooring swells and warps.
Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Damaged Documents in Your Commercial Property?
It can be overwhelming when unexpected fire or water damage affects your school, business or home.
When it comes to assessing damage, some of the most valuable items may just be documents, photos, or books. These items aren’t always lost, we can help. Document Restoration is another service SERVPRO of Orange County can provide.
The SERVPRO® Document Restoration Facility Offers:
- Innovation: we use the latest vacuum freeze-drying method, as well as gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing
- Secure: managed by HIPPA Master-certified technicians, under 24/7 surveillance
- Digital: we use a computerized inventory system for digitizing your documents
- Flexible capacity - we can accommodate large commercial losses or small residential jobs
- Full Service: we offer a range of services including drying, cleaning/disinfecting, re-jacketing, digitizing, and deodorization
If you or your facility is in need of Document restoration services please contact us today and we would be happy to help you restore your valuable documents.
When a water damage occurs in your Orange County Home.
When dealing with a water damage timing is crucial. Basement flooding or storm damage doesn't wait for regular business hours and neither do we.
SERVPRO of professionals respond immediately and efficiently to your residential or commercial water removal or clean-up needs.
Our professionals use advanced equipment and techniques to begin the mitigation procession and remove the water quickly. Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. SERVPRO’S professionals closely monitor and verify our customers property is dried thoroughly and properly. Our professionals are trained to know how to use are equipment from dehumidifying, deodorizing and disinfecting. Our professionals restore your business or home with minimal disruption to your life and quickly make it Like it never even happened.
When a water damage take control of your life, nobody helps take it back like SERVPRO of Orange County. We provide 24/7 Emergency Service.
SERVPRO of Orange County & The American Red Cross
Have questions? – We’re Here To Help®
Stamp out home fires, let's make it
"Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Orange County’s continued commitment to the American Red Cross by supporting the disaster responder with an emphasis on the home fire preparedness campaign. The home fire preparedness campaign aligns with SERVPRO of Orange County’s aim at reducing home fire deaths and injuries across the United States
Be informed, be aware, be safe
For more information on children and fire safety Check out the American Red Cross Website.
Have questions? – We’re Here to Help®
Fire safety escape plans and more: Don't Hesitate Call SERVPRO of Orange County
24 Hours a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year
When Dealing with Mold, Don't Just Hire Anyone
Some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Over 100,000 different kinds of fungi have been identified.
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth Water intrusions from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failure, long standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk or harmful mold growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply.
SERVPRO of Orange County Professionals handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors, which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth
- Excessive humidity
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
SERVPRO care about proper restoration of you structure and, in most water damage situations, can safely restore your building to preloss condition.
If you think you have a mold problem, feel free to call SERVPRO of Orange County today to protect your health and your property.
SERVPRO of Orange County - Can help you with your spring cleaning!
Air Duct Cleaning - Our SERVPRO professionals can inspect your HVAC system and duct work. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors, and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet Cleaning - Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months.
Odor Identification And Deodorization - Our SERVPRO professionals will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor from your home or business.
Upholstery And Furniture Cleaning - SERVPRO professionals can inspect and test fabrics to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method, to effectively extend its useful life.
Pack-out of contents at an Orange County fire damage
Contents inventoried and packed at our warehouse in Orange County.
SERVPRO of Orange County specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
How to remove carpet stains in your Hudson Valley home
Living in a full house means carpet stains are inevitable. Call SERVPRO of Orange County.
In a well lived in New York home, carpet stains are unavoidable. Whether your dog runs through the house with muddy paws from all of the spring rain or your child spills a drink and forgets to tell you, wall to wall carpeting can sure take a beating.
While some carpet stains require a call to SERVPRO of Orange County for a deep cleaning and stain removal, there are some tricks that you can try at home to remove small isolated stains.
We recommend that you resist the urge to scrub hard at stains and instead, gently blot the spot, work from the outside in, rinse with water and repeat. With all stain removal methods, first test in an inconspicuous area to make certain it won’t further damage your carpet.
Stains that are water soluble such as food, juice, latex paint and soda can be removed with a simple solution of non -bleach detergent and water.
Use a tablespoon of ammonia mixed with a cup of water to treat particularly difficult stains such as chocolate, coffee, tea and wine on non-wool carpeting.
In order to remove oil or wax, place a paper towel on the carpet and iron it on a low setting. The oil will stick the towel!
Use ice to freeze wax or gum and then use a hammer to shatter it. Vacuum the pieces up immediately.
Pet urine can be removed with a 1:1 solution of water and vinegar. After blotting that solution up, follow up with a gentle detergent and water solution and rinse.
We all want to get as much life out of our carpeting as possible. Don't let small stains get you down! If you have carpeting that needs a thorough cleaning and has significant staining, call SERVPRO of Orange County.
Are You Ready for Whatever Happens?
The best way to reduce interruption to your business following a disaster is to plan for it now!
It is estimated that as many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster. Of the ones that do, an overwhelming majority of them had preparedness plans in place.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Most contingency plans are made up of three main components: incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity. The SERVPRO® ERP addresses incident response and disaster recovery. Think about potential disasters that could affect your facility. Now ask yourself: Are you ready?
Our SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start-up approach that provides important information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
Why the SERVPRO® ERP?
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO® of Tustin as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money
- Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Failure to clean often leads to home clothes dryer fires!
The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 %).2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year
Follow these simple safety tips to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your home!
• Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
• Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
• Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
• Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
• Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.